Friday, September 24, 2010

Special K Challenge: Day 4

Well, I must admit this is more of a challenge than I thought....I allowed myself to eat something bad and I can't say that I'm all that thrilled about this plan, but it has encouraged me to pay attention to what I'm eating, record what I am eating and then really think about how I can continue to eat healthier...Really, after the 14 days, its unrealistic to think I will continue to eat cereal , cereal bars and protein shakes...I just won't and not many people will...That's unreasonable to think someone will limit themselves to that and then only have one meal with "real" food....At least for me it isnt, ya know to get down a dress size, but those temporary diets arent good for you...
 Dieting isn't to lose weight as much as it is to feel better and make better food choices, for me.  I've decided that I really need to imply the saying "eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar".  I usually skip breakfast, snack until lunch, then snack after lunch and over eat at dinner, just to go to bed afterward.  So, here's my plan...I will eat a good breakfast, not just a cereal bar or 3/4 cup of cereal, snack on fruit or almonds (yummy), drink my lunch or have something kinda light, dinner, limit my portions to about 1/2 of what I would usually eat.  I think this can work...we'll see...
 Fun fact: (interesting, actually) I was getting ready to have cereal for dinner last night when I decided to label compare with my kids' cereal. The special K cereal that I was going to eat had, more calories, fat, carbs and sugar than my kids' Lucky Charms!! Can you beleive that??  I will be doing a lot more label comparisons now...Its actually kinda fun & interesting!
9/21 beginning weight - 183lbs
Goal Weight - 150lbs

So, I may have a new view tomorrow, but thought I would tell someone...:P

No comments: